Spinach Artichoke Dip
Party food season is a year-round event, and yummy appetizer recipes never go out of style. One of my favorite appetizers to make for parties is Spinach Artichoke Dip. It is easy, quick and is always a party favorite!
This recipe is an all-purpose appetizer which can be more upscale or relaxed depending on the tone of the party. (It’s also easy to keep the ingredients on hand for those last-minute parties that come up!) To make it more upscale add some toasted garlic crostini bread rounds, or for the relaxed crowd serve with tortilla chips. Also, the container you bake it in can make this dip feel more upscale or relaxed. A white ceramic baking dish (linked at the end of this post) is a good touch for any occasion, or just your everyday 8×8 baking dish (also linked below). Either way this recipe will fit in anywhere you go–it can even be considered vegetarian and gluten free!
What kind of Cheese to use for Spinach Artichoke Dip?
As with everything, I put my own spin on things, and this Spinach Artichoke Dip recipe is no exception. I chose to use three different cheeses that I had hanging out in the refrigerator after making French Onion Soup a few weeks ago –Mozzarella, Shredded Parmesan, and a small amount of Gruyere. Together this trio made for a delicious and cheesy dip with a great cheese pull when serving!
Drying the Artichokes
The key to making a Spinach Artichoke Dip that doesn’t ooze everywhere is to make sure that the liquid content of the spinach and the artichokes is at the very minimum possible. To accomplish this, thaw out a package of frozen spinach, drain the water off in a strainer, then wrap the desired amount of spinach for the recipe in several paper towels. Next, squeeze as much of the liquid out of the spinach as you are able. Then add to the mixing bowl. Second, for the artichoke, drain the marinated artichoke jars and add the artichokes to a skillet on medium heat. Then allow the liquid from the artichokes to cook off until you see little or no liquid in the pan. You will need to stay with the pan and stir regularly so you do not brown the artichokes. Once that is complete, you can chop (if needed) and add to the recipe. By following both these tips, your dip will be a great consistency for your chosen dip delivery method!
Make It Ahead
Finally, if you are trying to work ahead on an event, you can also mix this dip up 24-48 hours ahead of time and then stick in a cold oven to bake the day you want to use it (just add about 10 minutes to the bake time to account for the oven warming up). You will know it’s done when it’s bubbly and lightly golden brown.
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Items for this Recipe
Other Great Recipes
Looking for more party food or an appetizer recipe? Try our Double Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos or our Incredible Baby Back Ribs! Or, for a beverage option for your next party, try our Decadent Hot Chocolate recipe.
Share the Fun!
We would love to see you and your family enjoying this recipe! If you cook it, please share a photo with us on Instagram or Facebook.
Also, if you never want to miss another future recipe from us, subscribe to our newsletter to get notifications when our next recipe is posted. (It’s free!) Thank you for reading, and Bon Appetit!
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 2/3 C. Sour Cream
- 1/3 C Mayonnaise
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 1/2 C Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (divided)
- 2/3 C Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 2/3 C Shredded Gruyere Cheese
- 12 oz Frozen Chopped Spinach (thawed and squeezed dry)
- 2- 12oz Jars Marinated Artichokes, (drained and cooked dry)
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise and garlic with a mixer until well combined and the mixture begins fluff up (about a minute).
- Add 1 Cup of the mozzarella cheese, all the Parmesan and Gruyere cheese and mix until just combined.
- Placed drained artichokes in a skillet and cook on medium heat until all or most of the liquid is cooked off. Be sure to stir frequently and do not brown the artichokes.
- Placed artichokes and spinach in the cheese mixture and fold in until well combined.
- Spray an 8 x 8 baking pan with cooking spray, then spread mixture into the pan.
- Top with the remaining 1/2 C Mozzarella Cheese
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 255Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 365mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 11g