Cajun Crab Alfredo
After you make this Cajun Crab Alfredo recipe, you may want to continue the theme! If you love Cajun food, you will not regret making our Cajun Style Red Beans and Rice Recipe!
Cajun Crab Alfredo Recipe
Yesterday was the day that I chose to conquer the mess that was my refrigerator. While cleaning out that mess, I found a couple items that needed to be used before expiration dates thwarted my best intentions. The first item was a cup of heavy cream, and the second item was a tub of crab meat. I had purchased the crab meat to make crab dip, but upon arriving home, found I didn’t have everything to do that and so the crab sat…. until yesterday! My refrigerator leftovers made made an excellent Cajun Crab Alfredo recipe that I had to share with you!
An Easy Weeknight Meal
Regular alfredo sauce is not a difficult recipe itself. Rather, it is just a matter of combining butter, garlic, flour, cream, and chicken stock in just the right manner to produce the creamy coating for the traditional fan-favorite of Fettuccine Alfredo. The only additions for our Cajun Crab Alfredo is, of course, crab and some Cajun Seasoning. These simple additions to an already simple recipe make this tasty meal not only one that is sure to be a fan favorite, but also a quick and easy weeknight meal!
Depending on your tolerance for spice, this recipe can be altered to include more or less of the Cajun seasoning (linked below). I included just 1 1/2 teaspoons of it and you could taste the seasoning, but it didn’t overwhelm. If you want a bit more of a kick, add another 1/2 teaspoon. The spice is a great addition to this rich and delicious meal.
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Items Used in this Recipe
Share the Fun!
We would love to see your version of this recipe! If you make this, share a photo with us by tagging @masonjarsandme on Instagram or visit our Facebook page!
Don’t want to miss another Mason Jars and Me recipe? We have a newsletter!! Just signup for our mailing list and you won’t miss another tasty treat!
- 1 lb. Fettuccine
- 3 T. Butter
- 3 Large Cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 T. Flour
- 1 C. Heavy Cream
- 1 C. Chicken Stock
- 1 C. Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 1/2 t. Cajun Seasoning
- 8 oz Crab Meat
- 1 t. Dried Parsley Flakes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large pot, boil water for fettuccine with about 1/2 t. salt.
- When boiling, add fettuccine and cook following package instructions.
- While waiting for the fettuccine to cook, melt butter in a large pan.
- Once butter is melted, add minced garlic and allow to cook about a minute or until fragrant.
- Add flour to mixture and stir. Cooking until the flour is golden brown (approximately 1-2 minutes).
- Once flour is golden, add cream and chicken stock and stir. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the mixture has thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in Parmesan Cheese until melted.
- Add Crab Meat and Cajun seasoning and stir until combined.
- Season with parsley, and salt and/or pepper to taste
- If your noodles are not cooked at this time, set aside the sauce. If the sauce starts to seize (or thicken too much), add some of the pasta water a few T at a time to thin.
- Drain noodles and add to pan with sauce and mix well.
- Garnish with a few parsley flakes and Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 629Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 162mgSodium: 1218mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 28g