Over the past week or so, we have been taking a trip through a delicious meal that you can either make ahead and/or cook everything together in the oven at once. So far we have made Roasted Garlic,Roasted Butternut & Garlic Mash, Lemon &Honey Vinaigrette, and Undercover Kale Salad. The end of this meal is the entree..a roast!
While we aren’t going the traditional route today, I always appreciate the one-pot wonder that the traditional Roast recipe is–Roast, potatoes, carrots and Onions all cooked until the Roast was finished. (The carrots were and are still my favorite part!) For me, this awakens memories of Sunday family dinners and mom putting the Roast on to cook before church and rushing the two blocks home after church to make sure it wasn’t overcooked. We may explore my version of the traditional Pot Roast at a later date, but for today we are going to explore this simple receipe that mades our meal complete.
Remember, all the recipes for this meal can be cooked in the same oven at the same time!
Simple Weeknight Pot Roast
1 approx 4 lbs Beef Roast
1 C Beef Broth
Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take out your roast from the frig and pat dry.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Pour Beef Broth in a 9 x 13 pan.
- Place roast in oven and cook for 1-1 1/2 hrs until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees for a warm pink center or 150 degrees for a slightly pink center.