The leaves are changing, there is a chill in the air, and it is time for warm apple cider! I have a favorite fresh cider source at my go-to farm stand in town. They have the best fresh-pressed cider I have ever had, and it isn’t full of preservatives–just the loveliness of their apples!
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
So, when I want to make a treat to share with a group of friends in the Fall, I pull out the slow cooker, pour in some delicious cider, and add a few spices in a spice bag. You could totally do this without the spices, and it is delicious that way too, but the spices just add more goodness to the glass.
Mulled Cider–Slow Cooker Style
1 Gallon Apple Cider
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar (or more to taste–depends on the sweetness of your cider)
2 t Allspice, Whole
2 1/2 t. Cloves, whole
1/4 t Nutmeg
1 Orange, Halved
- Put cider in the slow cooker.
- Dissolve brown sugar in the cider.
- Fill the spice bag with your spices (you don’t have to put the cinnamon sticks in the bag).
- Put spice bag in the slow cooker with cinnamon sticks.
- Lightly squeeze oranges into cider and put halves in cider to mull.
- Heat on low for 2-3 hours
Why not add a slice of French Apple Pie to your night? 🙂