On my way home tonight from work, I stopped at the fish market in a neighboring town to pick up some salmon for dinner. As they were wrapping my salmon, my eyes scanned the menu board and landed on two beautiful words–Rainbow Trout!
We are huge trout fans in this household, so I had to pick some up for dinner (sorry, salmon, you will be dinner tomorrow!). The rest of my drive home was filled with contemplation of how to prepare the treasure resting on the seat next to me–baked, pan fried, lemon, butter, olive oil–all were words running through my mind.
When I arrived home, I quickly set to making this delicious dinner. There were red potatoes on the counter and cherry tomatoes in the frig, so they were roasted with my fish. The jewel of dinner was prepared simply with salt, pepper, lemon slices and some home grown dried parsley. Oh my, was it good!
Without a doubt, this is a dinner to have over and over!
Baked Rainbow Trout
1 Rainbow Trout, deboned (or two filets)
1 Lemon, sliced
1 t. Dried Parsley (or more to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil.
- Place a lemon slice under each filet on the cookie sheet
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and parsley
- Top with one or two more lemon slices
- Bake for 10 mins or until the thickest part of the fish flakes when a fork is inserted into it.