One of the Christmas Eve traditions in the Mason Jars and Me household is appetizers for Christmas Eve and New Years Eve. We have some old standbys, but for Christmas Eve this year we tried a couple new ones. One of which are these Double Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers.
These are double bacon wrapped — because twice the bacon is twice as good, right?!? This also holds in more of the yummy filling!
The jalapenos I bought this year were huge and quite spicy which made them perfect. I would suggest, however, whenever you are making these that you use food prep gloves and take out all the seeds and ribs. Ours were removed and there was still PLENTY of heat !
Double Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
6-10 Large Jalapenos (more if they are on the small size)
1-8 oz package Cream Cheese, softened
1 C Cheddar cheese, shredded
1 package sliced bacon (or 2 sliced per jalepeno)
1. Mix cream cheese and cheddar cheese in a bowl. Put in a Ziploc bag and press to a corner of the bag. Cut the corner of the bag to use as a piping bag.
2. Wearing gloves, cut the stem end from the jalepeno and a slit in each to the other end. Remove ribs and seeds.
3. Fill each jalapeno with cream cheese mixture.
4. Wrap one slice of bacon length wise to cover the cap and slit, then wrap the second piece of bacon around the jalapeno. If needed, secure with a toothpick. Repeat until all jalapenos are wrapped.
6. Bake for 50 mins at 350 degrees or until bacon is done.
Who is making jalapeno poppers with me this New Years Eve?
**We are an Amazon Affiliate, and purchases made through links on our website help pay the bills. Thanks for shopping!