I’ve been craving crab recently, and hate to deep fry foods–so much so that I don’t own a deep fryer. So, when I want Crab Rangoon, I have to do the baked version. My version uses real crab claw meat and not the imitation crab meat. There are those out there who use imitation meat–it’s up to you. 🙂
Without further ado….
Baked Crab Rangoon
1 package wonton wrappers
2 Green onions, thinly sliced and diced
8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
8 oz Crab Meat, claw, finely diced
1 t. Garlic powder
1 t. soy sauce
1 t. sugar
1 T water
Cooking spray, optional
- Mix onions, crab meat, softened cream cheese, garlic powder, soy sauce and sugar in a bowl.
- Mix egg and water in a small bowl to serve as egg wash.
- Place a heaping teaspoon of crab mix in the middle of a won ton.
- Brush edges of won ton wrapper with egg wash.
- Draw up all four corners of the won ton into the middle and seal sides.
- Place Rangoon on a wax paper lined baking sheet 1 inch apart.
- Spray lightly with cooking spray (I did one pan with and one without…the ones with were just slightly more crispy, but not by much.)
- Bake 15 mins at 375 degrees.
Makes about 30 Rangoon.