We are in the midst of harvest season in Maine, and the bounty of my garden and my local farmers is dominating the kitchen right now! Yellow squash, zucchini and tomatoes were all in abundance at my local farmer’s stand, and I decided that-among other things–a beautiful Vegetable Tian would be on the menu this weekend.
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I knew that the weekend would be a busy one, so before I started my epic canning day on Saturday, I threw together this Saturday morning and put it in the frig to bake on Sunday night! (I keep these pans on hand for busy weekend cooking and batch freezer cooking. **)
Beautiful, convenient, and veggie-filled.. what more could you ask for?!?
1-1 1/2 Yellow Squash
1 medium zucchini
3 Yellow potatoes
1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp Thyme (or to taste)
1 1/2 cups Italian cheese blend, shredded
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Dice the onion and sautee until soft, adding garlic at the end to cook for 1 min.
- While onions and garlic cook, slice squash, zucchini and tomatoes in equal sized slices (My veggies were larger in diameter, so I halved the slices.)
- Slice potatoes very thin. (These rounds were also halved to maintain uniformity.)
- Spray an 8×8 pan with cooking spray.
- Put Onions and Garlic in the bottom of the pan.
- Arrange veggies in the pan in rows.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with Thyme.
- Cover and Bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle with cheese and return to oven uncovered for another 15-20 mins.
**I am an Amazon affiliate, and profit from links added to this website.