It is berry season in Maine, and I am in heaven! The new property has revealed tons of Maine wild low-bush blueberries, wild raspberries, and a dash of wild strawberries as well! With this new-found bounty (and leftover Maine blueberries I was hoarding in my freezer from last season), it is all about the berries in the kitchen here.
This morning, I was craving more berries and needed something healthy, so I threw together a smoothie. Now, I’m not a smoothie-person. In fact, this is probably the 2nd smoothie I’ve ever made, but man was it good! So I am sharing the love with you. 🙂
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Maine Berry Smoothie
1 C Frozen Blueberries
1 C Raspberries (Frozen or fresh)
1 and 1/2 handfuls of baby Spinach
1/2 Cup Cran-Grape Juice
2 T Honey (optional)
- Wash your fruits and veggies and place in your food processor or blender.
- Blend on high until berries and spinach are thick, then add 1/4 cup Cran-Grape Juice.
- Blend on high again until you’ve reached your desired texture (you may need to add the rest of the juice at this time.
- If the smoothie has too much of a bite for you (thanks to the cran-grape juice), add in your honey and blend again.
- Pour into your glass, add a straw and enjoy!
This makes 2 full pints of smoothie.