Spaghetti Carbonara is a comfort food which evokes memories of a girls night many years ago full of laughs, drinks, great company and learning to cook Spaghetti Carbonara. Years later, whenever I see this dish on a menu, I am immediately taken back to that night. So, in a bit of a nostalgic mood, I made Spaghetti Carbonara for lunch.
This dish is simple, delicious and can be ready in as little as 15 mins, which makes it the perfect weeknight meal. Plus, it has bacon in it, and how can you go wrong with bacon?!?!
So as a tip of the hat to my girls back home….
4 strips bacon
1 t minced garlic
1/4 lb Spaghetti (or enough for your family)
1/4 C Peas (fresh or frozen)
2 Eggs, mixed well
1 C. Heavy Cream
3/4 C Parmesean Cheese
1. In a medium pot of boiling water, drop spaghetti and cook 6 minutes. At 6 minutes, drop in peas and cook another 2-3 mins until pasta is done.
2. In a large skillet, cook bacon on low until done. Remove and place on paper towels to drain.
3. In remaining bacon grease (you can remove some if you’d like), cook garlic until slightly golden. Be careful not to burn.
4. Add eggs and scramble the mixture.
5. When eggs are done, remove pan from heat and add heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. Stir until mixed and return to a very low heat. Stir frequently and allow mixture to slightly thicken–about 2-3 mins.
6. Drain spaghetti and peas in a colander and add to the skillet. Stir until well coated. Allow to cook for another 2 mins.
7. Season with black pepper and enjoy!