I have recently discovered a new love for Gorgonzola Cheese. After having a delicious salad at one of my favorite lunch spots a few months ago, I haven’t been able to stop thinking about this cheese! So, when I was in the store yesterday picking up 4th of July supplies, I threw some Gorgonzola in the basket.
When I got home last night, I opened the fridge and did the stare that we all know too well…. “I have this that I want/need to use, so what will go with it??” What resulted was a one-pan wonder for one!
Pork Chops and Pears with a Gorgonzola Cream Sauce
2 Boneless Pork Chops
1/4-1/2 C Heavy Whipping Cream
1/4 C Gorgonzola Crumbles (to taste)
2 T butter
1. Season your pork chops with salt and pepper, and ready your skillet with olive oil.
2. Cook pork chops in olive oil until fully cooked (about 7 min per side… depending on thickness, temp, etc.). You could sear the pork chops then finish in the oven.
3. Remove fully cooked pork chops from pan and melt butter in pan.
4. Slice pear into 8 pieces and put into pan. Cook until pears are soft enough to cut with a fork.
5. Remove pears, reduce temp to low/med low and add enough cream to cover the bottom of your pan. Then add the Gorgonzola. Keep stirring so the cream doesn’t burn. When most of the Gorgonzola is melted, pour on top of your pork chops and pears, then enjoy!
This will make dinner for 2 or dinner for one and leftovers for 1 more meal. It’s so good, you’ll be craving it the next day for sure!!